Segmentation insights can improve your entire body of work with your client, from strategic planning to tactical execution. Here are just a few examples of situations in which segmentation data can make your work easier, and your results better:
- Stronger strategy — No more need to rely solely on your client’s vague impressions of who their customers are, and what they’re looking for. Develop strategic plans by segment to ensure that every tactic is calibrated to have the biggest impact on the target audience.
- Better personas, faster — 90% of the work will be done for you. Motivations, demographics, and compelling messages will be revealed as part of the segmentation research. You just need to add your special touch and they’re ready to go.
- Better brainstorming — Spend your team’s valuable time generating creative ideas to reach statistically reliable segments, instead of trying to figure out what those segments are. Detailed segmentation insights provide a basis for rich discussions about what you and your client can do to drive interest, trial and loyalty.
- Data-based website strategy — Understanding what motivates each audience to explore and choose a product or service can help you structure their online experience to more directly and immediately offer what they’re looking for, in fewer clicks. Knowing who they view as your client’s key competitors allows more accurate benchmarking.
- Targeted prospecting — Segmentation insights will help you understand which prospects are most likely to choose your client, and how best to reach them. No more wasting time on prospecting activities that won’t get your client the prospects they want.
- Promotional planning — Knowing what motivates a segment sheds light on the kind of promotions they will find most valuable. Your Segmented Insight Panel provides an inexpensive way to test new ideas with each segment during development.
- Messaging matrix — You’ll know which messages appeal to which segments, and which can be used for umbrella marketing that will reach a broad mix of segment types. Creative development just got a whole lot easier.
- Stronger customer service and operations — Your client will appreciate the added value of recommendations about their customer service and operations programs to better meet the needs of their target audiences.
This is just a small sampling of how segmentation insights can inform your process every step of the way.
To read more about why attitudinal segmentation is important, how it works and how your clients can benefit, download our “Why Audience Audit” whitepaper.